Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Darn It

As most of you know, a few weeks ago, my older cat Kramer died. Since then, Squishie has been pretty... needy. She's much more cuddly and meows much more than she used to. (And I didn't ever think that was possible...)

At first, I was really convinced that I didn't need another cat. I mean, I appreciate that the one I have is more receptive to love than she was before. Plus, animals can be expensive, especially if they weigh 20 pounds and eat a lot of food.

But tonight, this happened:




This cat was hanging out on Ben's back porch last night. He was friendly and was doing what I refer to as the "I'm going to put on a show and rub my body all over this here banister" move. That's fun and great to watch, but this guy here really pulled me in tonight.

You see, I had family dinner at Ben's parents, then came back to Ben's afterward to finish some laundry. This cat was just waiting in front of the house. I went to unlock the door, and he was purring and rubbing all over my legs, so I sat down. Then he jumped in my lap and cuddled. It was awesome.

Point of the story: I'm getting another cat, after I pay off some bills...

No comments:

Post a Comment